Ancient Corinth & Daphni Monastery – Half day tour
€62 per person
Dive into Greece’s religious heritage with this half day tour of the Ancient Corinth and the Daphni Monastery, renowned for it’s 11th century Byzantine mosaics.
After picking you up from your hotel, our tour begins with a scenic drive to Corinth Via Iera Odos- ‘the sacred way’. Along the way, we will stop at the Monastery of Daphni, an 11th
century Byzantine monastery that is listed as a World Heritage Site. The interior of the church is decorated with enchanting mosaics of fine Classical Idealism of Middle Byzantine art.
Continuing our journey, coastal roads will provide you with some fantastic photo opportunities of breathtaking sea views before finally reaching our destination, the ancient town of
Corinth. Visit the ruins of the ancient city where St. Paul’s trial by Gallio took place, witness the Fountain of Peirene and one of the most outstanding monuments of the pre-Roman
period, the Temple of Apollo. After receiving a detailed insight into the landmark’s history, we will slowly journey back to Athens where you will be dropped off safely back at your
- Entrance fees of the Ancient Corinth
- Professional and licensed guide
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Hotel pick up/ drop off service
- Personal expenses
- Small group tour of maximum 26 people
- 6-hours guided tour to Ancient Corinth & Daphni Monastery
- Participate on a religious tour led by an expert guide
- Visit Monastery of Daphni & marver at its superb 11th-century mosaics
- UNESCO’s world heritage monument
- Stop at the strategically Corinth canal & enjoy breathtaking views
- Visit Ancient Corinth with the temple of Apollo & its age-old streets
- Pick up/drop off service is included from Athens central hotels
- Trained staff in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures.
- Staff uses personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) and their temperature/wellness will be monitored daily to ensure a safe travel experience for you.
- Buses are filled to only 50% of their capacity and the number of buses used is increased. The average cleaning time is doubled both during the day and after the end of the day. In addition, all sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls, overhead bins, etc. are intensively cleaned and sanitized.
- The air inside the bus, on average, completely renewed every 3 minutes during cruise time. All Setra 515 buses in our fleet are equipped with HEPA/CARBON filters (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestors), which capture more than 99% of even microscopic bacteria and viruses.
- Whisper audio devices will be given to all our travelers to keep social distance guidelines which are sanitized thoroughly both from our staff but also inside the charging cases with UVC lights.
- Moreover, sanitizing dispensers are available at each door.
Entrance to the monastery: Please note that for the moment the entrance to the Monastery is free of charge. In case the Ministry announced a fee, the participants should pay the entrance fee before visiting the monastery.
DepartureHotel pick up/drop off