Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train
€109 per person
Visit the majestic region of Meteora in a full-day tour that is a must for any visitor to Greece. Witness once-in-a-lifetime landscapes, take extraordinary photos and acquaint yourself with
Greece’s rich history!
Catch the morning train to Kalabaka from Athens railway station, in which it’s scenic route will allow you to marvel at Greece’s picturesque countryside. Arriving in Kalabaka, a
magnificent little mountaintown that guards the entrance to the Meteora rock formations, is where your driver will be waiting to transfer you to the Meteoran Monasteries. At this point,
you can sit back and enjoy the ride to one of the largest and most precipitously built complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries. Built on immense natural pillars and hill-like rounded
boulders that dominate the local area, it is clear why this unique region has been named as an UNESCO World Heritage site. You will have five hours at your disposal to freely explore
three of the monasteries at your own pace; allowing an added calmness reflective of the surrounding landscape. Visit the thousand year old hermitages of St Nicholas Bandovas and get
acquainted with the rich history of the monasteries whilst observing panoramic views. When you are ready, your driver will transfer you back to Kalabaka where you can roam around
the charming town and enjoy a light lunch (not included).
At 17:15 the train will depart from Kalabaka and arrive back at 21:25 in Athens.
- Roundtrip rail tickets based on your choice
- Round-trip shared transfer in Kalambaka
- Transport by luxury A/C vehicle with WiFi
- Expert English speaking escort
- Free Map and bottle of water
- Local taxes
- Entrance fees of the Monasteries
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Athens hotel pick up and drop-off
- Discover the astonishing UNESCO-listed Meteora in one day
- Countless impressive views of the countryside during the train ride
- Visit three different monasteries & enjoy the view of the majestic grey rocks
- Small group tour of maximum 12 people
- Free time to explore the town of Kalabaka
- Excellent value for money
- The tour in Meteora will be a small group one and social distance will be kept during the journey by train to ensure a safe travel experience for you.
- Face masks are required for travelers in public areas.
Entrance to the monasteries: Appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
Train Tickets: Few days before the activity, you will receive an e-mail with the e-tickets.
*You are entitled to a full refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the tour. If you cancel at less than 7 days before, the tour is not refundable.
DepartureAthens rail station