Sunset Tour- Cape Sounion & the Temple of Poseidon
€64 per person
Join us on a half day tour of Cape Sounion where you will witness the magnificent Temple of Poseidon as well as breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding area!
Our tour starts with a relaxing bus journey along the Athens Riviera, during which you will encounter beautiful views of the Saronic Gulf as well as some of Athens’ most vibrant suburbs including: the Hellinikon Olympic complex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni and Varkiza. Upon our arrival at Cape Sounion, we will visit the renowned Temple of Poseidon, dating back to the 5th century. This spectacular landmark provides panoramic views of the Aegean Sea, where on a clear day it is possible to see seven surrounding Greek islands! On one of the temple’s columns, graffiti left by none other than Lord Byron the English poet can be also be seen. After exploring the temple and receiving an in-depth insight into it’s history and mythology, admire spellbinding sunsets over a glass of wine before beginning our journey back to Athens.
- Entrance fees of the Temple of Poseidon
- Professional and licensed guide
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Hotel pick up/ drop off service
- One glass of wine per adult
- All taxes
- Personal expenses
- Small group tour of maximum 26 people
- Visit the temple of Poseidon and see graffiti left by English poet Lord Byron
- Sunset guided tour to the majestic Cape Sounion
- Enjoy stunning views of the Aegean sea & its islands along the way
- Pass by some of the most expensive and highly rated areas of Athens
- Watch the breathtaking sunset with a glass of wine in hand
- Trained staff in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures.
- Staff uses personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) and their temperature/wellness will be monitored daily to ensure a safe travel experience for you.
- Buses are filled to only 50% of their capacity and the number of buses used is increased. The average cleaning time is doubled both during the day and after the end of the day. In addition, all sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls, overhead bins, etc. are intensively cleaned and sanitized.
- The air inside the bus, on average, completely renewed every 3 minutes during cruise time. All Setra 515 buses in our fleet are equipped with HEPA/CARBON filters (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestors), which capture more than 99% of even microscopic bacteria and viruses.
- Whisper audio devices will be given to all our travelers to keep social distance guidelines which are sanitized thoroughly both from our staff but also inside the charging cases with UVC lights.
- Moreover, sanitizing dispensers are available at each door.
Departure times: 5-18 May at 17:45, 19 May-8 Jun at 18:00, 9 Jun-21 Jul at 18:15, 22 Jul-17 Aug at 17:45, 18 Aug-7 Sep at 17:15, 8 Sep-21 Sep at 17:00, 22 Sep-30 Sep at 16.45
DepartureHotel pick up/drop off