Five day Classical Greece Tour- Epidaurus, Nafplio, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora
€608 per person
In this once in a lifetime opportunity, explore Greece’s most important UNESCO World Heritage sites as well as the birth place of the Olympic Games and Nafplio, the first capital of modern Greece!
Having left Athens behind, day one begins with a visit to the magnificent Corinth Canal, after which we will continue on to Epidauraus with a visit to its majestic Ancient Theatre,
renowned for its outstanding acoustics. Proceed to the enchanting seaport town of Nauplion where you can either enjoy a free afternoon to roam the town, or join your trusty guide on a
tour of the Nafplia Gallery of Art with paintings of famous Greek artists dedicated to the Greek Revolution.
After sleeping over in Nafplion, we will head to Myceane, an UNESCO World Heritage Site dating back to the second century BC. Myceane was one of the major hubs of Greek
civilisations which once dominated much of Southern Greece. After walking through the archaeological site with your guide, we will make a short stop for lunch and souvenirs before
departing for Ancient Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games, where we will remain overnight.
After a hearty breakfast, day two starts off with a visit to the jaw dropping site of Olympia where your guide will introduce you to the history of the birth of the Olympic Games. Marvel
at the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Hera, the altar of the Olympic Flame, the stadium and the archaeological museum. After this, we will journey on towards Delphi, passing by: Patras,
Rion, the Corinthian Bay, the famous bridge to Antirion and Nafpaktos. Upon arrival in Delphi, free time and a good night’s sleep await you.
Day four finds us at the archaeological site of Delphi, one of the most important and sacred places in the whole of Greece. A visit to the archaelogical museum will offer a detailed insight into its history as well as the opportunity to browse artefacts dating back to the 15th century. After a thorough exploration of this magical area, we will drive on to Kalabaka where we will stay overnight. On your final day, rise early to experience the unique landscapes of Meteora. Its precariously built Byzantine Monasteries upon impressive rock formations will take your breath away; it is no wonder that they are listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site! After absorbing the lush scenes of Meteora, on our way back to Athens we will pass by the heroic monument of Leoniadas at Thermopylae before finally dropping you off at your hotel.
- Transportation by luxury air conditioned bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Hotel accommodation (A class / T class)
- Breakfasts & dinners
- Entrance fees
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Drinks and beverages
- Gratuites (optional)
- Small group tour of maximum 26 persons
- Visit the most important UNESCO world Heritage sites of Greece with an expert guide
- Stroll through Delphi site & museum also known as the ‘navel of the world’
- Explore the important archaeological site of Mycenae & marvel the Royal tombs
- See the Ancient theatre of Epidaurus, world famous for its outstanding acoustics
- Visit ancient Olympia and view highlights such as Temple of Zeus & the stadium
- Explore Meteora monasteries and enjoy breathtaking views of the rocks
- Choose between First class or Tourist class to suit your budget
- Trained staff in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures.
- Staff uses personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) and their temperature/wellness will be monitored daily to ensure a safe travel experience for you.
- Buses are filled to only 50% of their capacity and the number of buses used is increased. The average cleaning time is doubled both during the day and after the end of the day. In addition, all sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls, overhead bins, etc. are intensively cleaned and sanitized.
- The air inside the bus, on average, completely renewed every 3 minutes during cruise time. All Setra 515 buses in our fleet are equipped with HEPA/CARBON filters (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestors), which capture more than 99% of even microscopic bacteria and viruses.
- Whisper audio devices will be given to all our travelers to keep social distance guidelines which are sanitized thoroughly both from our staff but also inside the charging cases with UVC lights.
- Moreover, sanitizing dispensers are available at each door.
Prices: All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis. In case of one traveler the single supplement option has to be chosen.
Hotel accommodation: A class (4*): Arty Grand hotel & Apollonia hotel (or similar hotels) – T class (3*): Neda hotel & Delphi Palace hotel (or similar hotels).
Hotel accommodation tax: Paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels – 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels – 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels – 1.5 Euro per room/per night.
*You are entitled to a full refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the tour. If you cancel at less than 7 days before, the tour is not refundable.
- Hotel pick up
- Stop at Corinth Canal
- Epidaurus: Ancient Theater
- Visit to Nauplion
- Optional visit to Nauplia Art Gallery/free time
- Overnight stay in Nafplion
- Myceane: archaeological site Tomb of Agamemnon
- Optional stop for souveir shopping and lunch
- Depart for Olympia- overnight stay in Olympia
- Delphi guided tour: Castalia Spring, Delphi archaeological site, monument of the Argive Kings, Temple of Pronaia, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and Temple of Apollo
- Delphi Museum
- Depart for Kalabaka- overnight stay in Kalabaka
- Visit to Meteora: Byzantine Monasteries
- Depart for Athens
- Short stop at the monument of Leonidas at Thermopylae
- Hotel drop off