Two Day Delphi & Meteora Tour from Athens
€185 per person
Start this unforgettable two-day trip with a scenic bus ride that will lead you to Delphi’s ancient archaeological site that was once known as the “navel of the world”.
Explore sites such as the majestic Meteora rock formations and its monasteries, famous for their unparalleled beauty and UNESCO World Heritage Site status.
On the first day relish in the beautiful Greek countryside on your way to Delphi, one of the most important ancient Greek cities; once considered the centre of the universe. Arriving at noon,
roam around monuments of great historical significance including the ancient Theatre of Delphi and the Temple of Apollo; famous for once housing one of the most important Oracles of
the ancient times. After lunch, enjoy the journey through Central Greece, passing through the cities of Lamia (short stop) and Trikala, eventually leading you to Kalabaka, an alluring
mountain-town in the foothills of Meteora. Here you will have the chance to explore souvenir shops and spend the night.
On the second day, enjoy a hearty breakfast at your hotel, then depart towards the nearby UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Meteora Monasteries. Visit two of the Byzantine Monasteries of
thrilling beauty and marvel at the breath-taking views from above. The monasteries perched precariously atop towers of sandstone have for centuries provided totally inaccessible retreats
for the local monks.
On your way back to Athens, you will have the option of visiting a factory of Byzantine-style icons and in addition, witness the world-renowned monument of the heroic Leonidas, King
of Sparta, at Thermopylae. Arrive back in Athens in the early evening, full of images and memories that will stay with you for a lifetime.
- Transportation by luxury air conditioned bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Hotel accommodation (A class / T class)
- Breakfasts & dinners
- Hotel pick up/drop off (for central hotels)
- Entrance fees
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Drinks and beverages
- Gratuites (optional)
- Small group tour of maximum 26 people
- Explore two top Greek UNESCO World Heritage sites in just 2 days
- Stroll through Delphi site & museum also known as the ‘navel of the world’
- Visit two Meteora Byzantine Monasteries & enjoy breathtaking views
- Stop at Thermopylae and marvel at the Monument of King Leonidas of Sparta
- 3* or 4* hotel accomodation including dinner & breakfast
- Excellent value of money
- Trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures.
- Staff uses personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) and their wellness will be monitored daily to ensure a safe travel experience for you.
- Face masks are also required for travelers inside the museums.
- Buses are filled to only 50% of their capacity and the number of buses used is increased.
- The average cleaning time is doubled both during the day and after the end of the day. In addition, all sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls, overhead bins, etc. are intensively cleaned and sanitized. The air inside the bus, on average, completely renewed every 3 minutes during cruise time. All Setra 515 buses in our fleet are equipped with HEPA/CARBON filters (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestors), which capture more than 99% of even microscopic bacteria and viruses.
- Sanitizing dispensers are available at each door. Whisper audio devices will be given to all our travelers to keep social distance guidelines which are sanitized thoroughly both from our staff but also inside the charging cases with UVC lights.
Entrance to the monasteries: Appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
Meteora Monasteries: We visit Great Meteora Monastery and St. Stefanos. Every Tuesday, we are visiting instead of Great Meteoro, Varlaam monastery.
Prices: All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis. In case of one traveler the single supplement option has to be chosen.
Hotel accommodation: A class (4*): Divani Meteora hotel or similar – T class (3*): Orfeas hotel or similar.
Hotel accommodation tax: Paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels – 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels – 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels – 1.5 Euro per room/per night.
*You are entitled to a full refund if you cancel up to 7 days before the tour. If you cancel at less than 7 days before, the tour is not refundable.
- Hotel pick up
- Arrival in Delphi at noon
- Guided tour of Temple of Apollo and ancient ruins of Delphi
- Depart from Delphi with the next stop at Lamia for lunch
- Overnight stay in Kalampaka
- After breakfast depart to nearby UNESCO-listed Meteora for s tour on the cliff of monasteries
- Visit two impressive Byzantine monasteries and enjoy breathtaking views
- Depart to Athens in the afternoon
- Passing by the heroic monument of Leonidas king of Sparta in Thermopylae (short stop for photos).
- Arrive in Athens in the early evening.